Wednesday, February 27, 2013

What's Cookin'

So when rummaging through my pantry last week, I ran across a can of pumpkin.  Where did that come from?  It must have been left over from the holidays.  What to do... what to do?  Yes, I could make pumpkin pancakes or muffins, but I want something completely off the wall.  So I went in search for something different... something I had never done before.  I think I found it!  Here are the 2 recipes I tried.  I hope your family enjoys!

The first is found on spoonful.com.  So different but tasty!  Visit the website for something you would never think about when you think about pumpkin...

http://spoonful.com/recipes/tex-mex-pumpkin-patties


Next... for a sweet and very easy treat.  I found this recipe in Parenting magazine.  It does not say to store in fridge, but that is what I did and I think they were tasty cold.

Pumpkin Snowballs

1 cup oatmeal
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (I used cinnamon)
3 or 4 Tbsp pumpkin puree
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup raisins

Combine well and roll into 1 inch balls, and then roll in powdered sugar.  Anything rolled in powdered sugar is awesome!


Today's Verse
"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ."  Philippians 1:6

No comments:

Post a Comment