Monday, December 3, 2012

No Tweaking

My oh my what an absolutely gorgeous day here in NC!!!  We are planning a trip to the park after picking up big sis from school and before heading to gymnastics!  I need to get in as much walking as possible considering all the sweets that were in my house this week.  With my husbands' b-day on Friday complete with cookie cake and ice cream cake,  (I hope you had a great birthday honey!!!), a Christmas celebration at my daughter's school with reindeer cookies, cupcakes and snickerdoodle bars, and I made a blueberry pound cake for our Sunday school class, the amount of sweets I consumed this weekend was unbelievable.  But oh how tasty!

I love to cook.  I love to take a recipe and make a small change here or there.  Or maybe I completely rethink the whole concept and make something totally different.  There are not many recipes that I see that I don't tweak.  Even the snickerdoodle bars and blueberry pound cake, which are perfect, I still make a small change to the icing and filling for the bars and add a little icing to the pound cake.  Tweaking just comes naturally when it comes to me and a recipe.

One thing I cannot tweak is the story of this Christmas season.  The Reason we are celebrating.  The Reason my kitchen will be even more of a buzz for the next few weeks.  The Reason I will be tweaking recipes.  The Reason for all the excitement is the birth of Jesus.  His birth, ministry on earth, death and resurrection cannot be tweaked.  There is no taking away from what He did for mankind.  There is no adding to what He did for you and me.  He was born, suffered, died and rose again for us.  There is nothing anyone can change about the facts.

Many will protest after seeing a nativity scene.  Many will frown when we happily say Merry Christmas.  Many will say the birth of our Savior isn't true.  But we know the Bible to be true.  We know many have tried to tweak the reason for this Christmas season, but let's stand firm in the fact that no tweaking is allowed.  Christ's birth is the Reason we celebrate...period!

Today's Verse
Matthew 1:23 "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us."


I hope to share more tweaked recipes in the next few weeks, but as with last year, posts may be fewer as the days leading up to the 25th grow busier and busier!   May we keep our eyes focused on Him in the coming weeks and may you truly enjoy this Christmas season!




No comments:

Post a Comment