Wednesday, January 8, 2014

2014

Happy New Year!

Yes, I know we are a week into the new year,  but it is still relatively new!  Excuse my delay but better late than never in my opinion.  The new year has been awesome, Christmas was spectacular, and as my husband said...the break was good enough that we forgot how hard real life was for a while :)
Now that is a great break!

We have hit the ground running in 2014.  Things usually slow down in January, but it hasn't in our household...with trips and birthdays approaching, it looks like a crazy first quarter.  I am still in debate and prayer over what to do about blogging.  Oh don't get me wrong...the ideas are still there,  and the love of my fingers hitting the keyboard is there, but the time to do so seems less and less and less.  So we will just have to see how 2014 goes!

We have been organizing up a storm, and I have to say that it is going pretty well...the best start of a year with kids ever!  We are not tripping over new toys like usual!  New bins have been bought, things taken to the dump and to the thrift stores, junk drawers cleaned out, and cabinets reorganized.  There are still several things to do and one whole closet to completely reorganize, but we are excited about our progress. But here is the thing...I can't do this in January and expect it to just stay this way until next January.  It takes work.  It takes effort.  It takes discipline to keep life organized.

My relationship with God can be the same as organizing life.  We can start the year off right.  We may promise to pray more, love more, read more, serve more... but it takes work to accomplish these things.  We can't just buy the prayer journal and devotion book in January and expect it to impact our lives without our effort.  Just like keeping an organized house takes daily work, keeping in tune with God's will takes daily work, prayer and reading.

I hope to keep or home life in order and not get overwhelmed with stuff, just as I hope to not let my spiritual life overwhelmed with anxieties and lack of time.  I pray 2014 will be our best yet...we will focus on the positives and not on the negative, be thankful for everything, and know God is in control of this year!

This verse is a favorite and our verse for the year...
"I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye."  
Psalms 32:8


I was excited about my new kitchen appliances...the stand mixer and the new blender.  For my first use, I thought milkshakes with fresh whip cream would be the best option.  It was even better with our new milkshake straws from my aunt!  These are great!  We just blended milk, vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup and a touch of vanilla.  For the whipped cream, we used the mixer on high speed.  The heavy cream turned into whipped cream in no time and we simply folded in a little sugar...so yummy!





No comments:

Post a Comment