Friday, May 17, 2013

I'm a Big Girl

As a mom to a six year old, graduating from Kindergarten next week, watch me do my math, read, flip, tell time, count money, say my Bible verses, and a ton of other things I couldn't do at her age, and a three year old, going to start preschool in the fall, watch me flip, dance, wear my dress everyday, say my ABCs, colors, shapes and already quite the comedian and chef...I hear "I'm a Big Girl" quite a bit!  So when I saw that as a topic for this week, I had to laugh.

Three seems to be the age when a little one starts to feel like a big kid.  We hear the, "I can do it myself" and "I am big girl/boy" several times throughout the day.  They are learning and growing so fast and each moment is a blessing, each new task a great triumph, and each new skill is worth celebrating.

As an adult, that phrase may stick in our mind as well.  "I've got this.  I definitely do not need anyone's help.  I can take care of this on my own."  are all thoughts I know I have had.  And for some reason, especially during those extra busy and extra stressful times of life, I can really try to convince my self I don't need anybody's help.

But looking back, I know for myself, when I have had a day that I didn't acknowledge my need for God and His help and His grace, well those are not some of my finer days.

Every morning I must wake up and turn to Him for strength.
Every morning I must acknowledge I can do nothing without Him.
Every morning I must ask for His guidance and His help.

Before the day even begins, I must rely on Him.  I'm a big girl, but I am nothing without Him!

My life verse is Philippians 4:13, and I do believe I can do anything He calls me to do, but only through His strength.  There is nothing I can do alone, and I never want to try!

I am glad my big girls are growing everyday, and I am thankful for every accomplishment they achieve.  But one of my greatest jobs is to teach them now that they are never too big for God's love.

With God, nothing is impossible and it is only through His strength that we can accomplish anything!

Today's Verse - Psalms 28:7
 "The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him."

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful blog. An you are right - we can do nothing without Him! Thanks for sharing. Debbie W. (OBS Facebook Group Leader)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you blog and I can do anything He calls me too. This is my prayer for this weekend as I am leading our church service while our pastors are away. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I prayed your services went well, and I am sure they did! God Bless!

      Delete