Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Summer

My Kindergartner got ready this morning, and as we were leaving it hit me...she was wearing the same outfit she wore on the first day of Kindergarten last year.  The tears welled up!


She is a little taller and much more mature looking, especially after the new haircut she just got.  She now knows how to read, add, subtract, and so many more skills that amaze me everyday. She understands the concept of friends, and as much as it breaks my heart, her feelings have already been hurt by those friends.  But she has hurt other's feelings too, and they always make up by doing handstands on the playground... and by the way...playing on the playground and lunch time is now sooooo cool.  She has signed yearbooks, which I never did until I was a few years older.  She gets excited when she sees older kids she knows in the hallway and they tell her hey.  There are jobs she loves to be assigned and those she doesn't care to do.  And getting honeysticks and going to the prize box is the best.

She loves art.  Her sister asks her everyday, "Did you got to 'ark' today?  Who did you sit with?"  Gotta love my little investigator!


She is graduating on Friday.  She will be wearing her white dress, white cap and gown, and white ruffle socks and shoes.  She will be performing in a play that I know nothing about!  Hush Hush!  Top Secret!  Her Papa will be speaking, which will be so special.  She will do the shake and take! (Which for those of you that do not know, and I was one of those until yesterday, that is when you shake the Principal's hand and take the diploma at the same time.  So cute!)  Her family will be there to cheer her on, take pictures, and maybe shed some tears!  Maybe...who am I kidding!

She's excited about going to first grade, and she is already trying to prepare her sister for Preschool in the fall.  (Now if somebody can prepare Mama!)

I bought a book today as part of her graduation present..."If I Could Keep You Little" by Marianne Richmond.  I cried in the middle of Target!

I can't keep my girls little, but I can pray the theme for the school year for both of them..."Whatsoever ye do, do it all to the glory of God."  1 Cor 10:31b

We are excited about Graduation on Friday and exciting weeks of summer ahead of us!  Posts will be fewer, shorter and sometimes non-existing as we soak up every minute of the next short weeks!

I am thankful for my Kindergarten graduate and her little sister that wants to be just her!

I pray for a fun, safe, and happy summer for everyone!  I am excited to see the adventures God has in store for us over the coming months!

Today's Verse
Jude 1:21 "Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life."

No comments:

Post a Comment