Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Because the Bible tells me so!

I love singing Jesus Loves Me!  We sing it at bedtime and all throughout the day.  When my girls sing about God and His love, it can melt away any stress or concerns I may be carrying.  We have a children's Bible book that poses the question, "How do we know?" at the end of each Bible story.  My girls love to scream out, "Because the Bible tells me so!"  We laugh every time!  Today as we were singing before nap time, I just kept thinking of everything I should remember throughout my day.  All the promises that are made in the Bible, all the encouragement that is offered, all the hope and grace provided in the contents...all the LOVE that is there in the pages!  If I am having a bad moment and instead of wallowing in my pitty, what if I decided to reflect on a promise from the Bible?   I simply might not have so many bad moments.

So first here is a video of "Jesus Loves Me" in case you need a reminder of His love and this joyful song...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp5ONfCnKy4

Now here is just a small list of promises about Jesus that we have from the Bible...

1- Jesus loves me. - 1 John 4:19 "We love him, because he first loved us."
2- Jesus died for me. - Romans 5:8 "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."
3- Jesus forgave me. - 1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
4- Jesus cares for me. - 1 Peter 5:7 "Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you."
5- Jesus strengthens me. - Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."
6- Jesus answers me. - John 14:14 "If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it."
7- Jesus provides for me. - Matthew 6:31-32 "Therefore take no thought saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink?, or Wherewithal shall we be clothed?...for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things."
8- Jesus is there for me when I need Him. -  Hebrews 4:16 "Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need."
9- Jesus offers peace to me. - Philippians 4:6-7 "Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.  And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."
10- Jesus knows everything about me. - Luke 12:7a "But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered..."

Jesus does all these things for you and for me. He know everything about us...yet He still loves us!!!!

How do we know?

BECAUSE THE BIBLE TELLS US SO!!!!

Today's Verse (A repeat that should be said throughout our day!)
"Rejoice in the Lord always:  and again I say, Rejoice"  Philippians 4:4

No comments:

Post a Comment