Monday, May 21, 2012

Impossible

On paper, this week looks almost impossible.  As we made our to-do lists last night, the pressure was getting to me.  With my husband being gone the last two weeks, a few must-be-done things have been put off to the last minute.  His home and work to-do lists were both overwhelming.  My lists had already been long because it is the last week of school, graduation and a recital to prepare for.  Then I added three additional things to my plate this weekend.  I love to prepare, plan and organize to get things accomplished, but I have to admit I was a little concerned about us getting everything done.

I woke up feeling panicked and immediately prayed for strength as this day started.  I didn't forgo sitting down for a brief moment to read a very short devotion from "Whispers of Wisdom or Mothers of Preschoolers."  I needed all the encouragement I could get for a busy Monday!!!

It was perfect.  It was just what I needed.  God always sends the right verse and the right message when I need it!  So of course I had to share.  This is Day 191 and the author is Jennifer Hahn.  I hope you enjoy, and I know after reading you will know why it was so special to me...a mansion mom!  :)

Today's Verse
Mark 10:27b   "With men it is impossible, but not with God:  for with God all things are possible."



Your Special Dwelling Place

John 14:2 "In my Father's house are many mansions;  if it were not so, I would have told you.  I go to prepare a place for you."  (I chose to use the KJV rather than the NASB version Jennifer uses in her devo.)

Moms spend much of their time maintaining their home:  co0king, cleaning, laundering, organizing...the list is endless.  Because sin entered into the world, work came along as a consequence. Even now you may be multitasking...wondering what to make for dinner and if you should go grab that pack of chicken from the freezer so it has time to thaw.

But take a moment to rest in the promise Jesus gave in John 14:2.  He informs us that there is a place waiting for us that will require nothing on our part.  Jesus tells us that in His Father's house, there are plenty of rooms for everyone - no on has to fight over who gets the "top bunk" - and there will be a place tailor-made for you.  Just imagine Him talking with God, saying "Father, [insert your own name here] will be joining us soon.  I'd like to make a special room just for her."

What a joy to know that He has found time to prepare a place for you...one that you will never have to worry about painting, decoration, or cleaning!

Jesus, please give me the strength to maintain my earthly home, but also help me to remember the special home that You have prepared for me, waiting in heaven.  Amen



As always, just what I needed to help me through my busy day.  And it makes me sing "I've got a Mansion" with even more joy today!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment