Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Waiting is what I do best!

The title makes me laugh!  I sooooooo stink at waiting!  But there have been quite a few questions and prayers unanswered, so waiting has become the norm!  But I so love God's sense of humor in all of this...and yes I believe He has one and I love it when we see it!

We are beginning a new series at our church called "You Asked for It".  The pastor will be answering certain questions asked by the congregation.  I briefly thought of asking about why we have to wait so long sometimes and add in parenthesis (Do not tell me the story of Joseph!)  Well the thought of this question was Sunday and then Monday rolls around and guess who the P31 devo was about...oh yes....Joseph.  I laughed and laughed before I read it, and yes it was a great one!  The link is below.  But this morning, God thought it was time to get serious, and He lead me to verses that truly spoke to me and gave me the peace I needed after a rough few weeks!  

Psalms 16
I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.
10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

When the Lord is our focus (always before us) so much happens...
1) We are not moved!  No matter the turmoil, our faith keeps us steady!
2) Our heart is glad!  When we are children of God, nothing can take the glad out of our heart!
3)We have hope!  Not only do we have that hope at our finger tips but we can rest in that fact!  No staying up with sleepless nights of worrying; we rest in Hope not found anywhere else!
4)  He will not leave us anywhere!
5)  He will show us His path...but remember He has to always be before us!  It's not going to flash on a sign, but when He is our focus we will find the answers in our prayers and reading!  
6) In His presence there is fullness of joy!  JOY!  I love joy!  It's not just happiness it's a way of life!  But you can't have it if your not in His presence which again involves that relationship of praying and reading!
7)  He offers pleasures for evermore!  Those pleasures are ours for the taking, but again it goes back to the first verse...He has to always be before us.

We can't do this alone.  We can't manipulate life to happen how we want.  We might think we know what is best, but we don't!  Oh how I needed these verses today...and the story of Joseph helped too!  I want to do my best for the Lord...even while waiting for directions!







A few recipe links...

Lasagna Cups - so good and easy!  I tweaked a little so just play with it.  I used homemade meat sauce and three layers of the wontons.  I love the wontons as pasta!



French Toast Muffins - My girls loooooved these so much!



Pumpkin Granola Bars - Tasty!




No comments:

Post a Comment