Thursday, May 22, 2014

Yay Yay Yay!!!!

Excuse me while I do the happy dance and sing "Yay, Yay, Yay!!!!"

What's the celebration about?

I prepared my last lunchbox for the school year this morning...and I am soooooo excited and relieved! And YES, it does cause me that much stress and frustration!

Wow, how the 13-14 school year flew by...and not that I am rushing life...but am I glad it is almost over.  We need a break!  And while I know many moms who dread the weeks of filling time over the summer break, I am just as excited (or more excited) than my kiddos!

For me it means - less driving, less waiting, no lunchboxes, no homework, more time together, less fighting, less stress, and all together a nice break!

My preschooler successfully finished her first year yesterday!  My oldest has a week to go, but we ordered pizza for her last lunch tomorrow and next week is all half days!!!!!!

Projects for the summer -  I have a lot of ideas running through my head, but a main one is finding more things my preschooler will eat in her lunchbox.  I have discussed the ups of down of having a picky eater before, and although she has made some improvements, we have a ways to go...especially before kindergarten begins in another year and I have to fix lunch 5 days a week!!!!

We have just a few summer months every year until the kids grow, get their license, get summer jobs, and will not want to hang with mom and dad and siblings. They'll be too cool for family vacations!  And although I don't want to think of those days ahead, in the back of my mind I want to make the most of this time.  It's a lot of pressure to make the summer months fun but also productive; filled with activities but also relaxing; lazy but not too lazy!  I am anxious to get started and already sad for when it ends!

I hope to live each day with gladness and thankfulness to be with my little ones!  I will lose my temper a few times, and they will aggravate each other, but for the most part, I want this time together to be exciting and something they will always look forward to.

Today's Verse

James 4:14

King James Version (KJV)
14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

Life is short, and time with our children while they are small is even shorter!  I pray for a fun and safe summer!  One filled with good memories and lots of hugs.  New recipes and lots of picnics. Fun outings and rainy days watching movies.  Days swimming and days playing.  New friends at new camps!  And a Fabulous VBS!

Heavenly Father, Thank you for this life, and help us to live it fully... praising You at the end of each day no matter what we have faced!



Recipe Links...

Surprisingly Good Slow Cooker Pancake...

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/slow-cooker-cinnamon-roll-pancake/b72f7f2d-61b7-448a-908c-3704128ae9c4?src=SH


New favorite Cookie Bar recipe...

http://www.ourbestbites.com/2014/04/chocolate-chip-cookie-bars/


What my fantastic husband and girls made for Mother's Day - Delicious French Toast ...

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/perfect-french-toast-recipe.html


Hope your family enjoys!



No comments:

Post a Comment