Monday, June 4, 2012

Falling

We are in the midst of packing for the longest trip of our lives.  It is not so much a vacation as it is a trip. Daddy will be working the majority of the time, but we will be in sunny Florida right on the beach.  We will be gone for almost three weeks, and we are excited but a little frantic at the same time.  With summer officially here and so much fun to be had in these short months, I will be posting a lot less.

This morning we took a break from packing to do our devotion time.  We were finishing up when my youngest daughter started to spin in circles and singing Zachaeus to the top of her lungs.  Well, before I knew it, she had toppled over and hit her little head on the table.  It is a really bad boo-boo.  She is black and blue by her left eye.  She looks pitiful.  She didn't cry for long; she is tough, but it is still sad to look at.

As I was putting her down for nap I kept thinking of the verses I had read this very morning.  We all fall sometimes.  We sin on a daily basis, even after we have given our lives to Christ.  We disappoint God, and we disappoint ourselves.  I have the tendency to beat myself up frequently when I mess up.  I feel like a failure when I think of all the ways I need to improve.  But with the help of today's verse, I hope to remember I am not a failure in God's eyes.  He sees me as His child.  He loves me no matter what...even if I have disappointed myself.  He forgives me and offers grace and mercy.  He enables me not to fall, and He picks me up when I do stumble!

Today's Verses
Jude verses 24-25 "Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Savior, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever.  Amen."

When we have accepted Jesus, He will be able to "present you faultless" before God the Father.  We are perfect in God's eyes because our sins have been washed away by Jesus' blood.  Only Jesus can prevent us from falling.  Only He can present us to God as perfect.  This is all possible because of His love and sacrifice for us.  Even if I will fall, thankfully I am still forgiven.


Please do have a fun and safe summer!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment