Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The View

I pondered a question that was sent via email by our Sunday school teacher.  (I do not think he'll mind if I share the question.)  We had begun a new series on Colossians just before we left for our trip here to Florida.  My husband and I were planning to have our own discussion concerning the verses and questions that Sunday morning since we would not be able to attend our own church.  I have to say that I felt a little guilty as I looked at the view out of my window and the thought of the many answers to the question...


" What do you see in creation that especially reflects Christ?"


What an awesome view of God's handiwork!   

In Colossians 1:16 we read  "For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible...all things were created by him, and for him:"

God created this earth.  He made the ocean, the land, the mountains, and the sky.  He made you and He made me.  How often do we look at the beautiful creation around us and think about how awesome it is to personally know the Creator of the world?  

As I watched the waves role in, I thought of how the ocean reflects Christ.  

The ocean seems to go on forever...His love and grace does go on forever!
The waves crash on the shore with power...His victory over death is the ultimate power!
The water's depth is impossible to explore...His forgiveness is impossible to completely comprehend!  (Thankfully we just have to know He does forgive us!)
The water is refreshing on a hot day...His arms are always open to refresh His children!
The grains of sand are an endless number...His mercy is endless!

I could go on and on!  Our Savior can be seen in all of God's creation.  We have to look for Him in everything.  He is there.  From the shade of a tree, to the soft grass, to the glorious flowers...His love for us is evident and radiant throughout the earth!

I really never watch much TV during the day, but I have seen the show "The View" a few times.  I know they end by saying to take time to enjoy your view.  Today, please do take time to enjoy the view God has given you...rather it be clouds or sun, rain or rainbows, look for ways Christ is reflected in creation...and thank Him for it!

Today's Verse
"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."  Genesis 1:1


No comments:

Post a Comment