Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Homemade chicken nuggets

I can't believe it has been a whole week since the last post!  Summer is definitely flying by, and we are having lots of fun! The girls went to a three hour day camp this morning and I didn't know what to do with myself.  That was a first for me!  I have never been without both of them during the day, so I got a little taste of what the new school year will be like.  YIKES!  We'll see what the Lord will have me to do next :)

I wanted to share a recipe that I tried recently.  I have discussed how picky my little one is.  She would eat French Fries and chicken nuggets every meal if we let her.  She will eat real chicken tenders but she prefers the processed kind.  I dislike processed chicken nuggets, so I tried to make my own.  I made them with ground chicken using a similar method to making meatballs.  My little one walked in on the process and I was worried she wouldn't try them after watching me assemble them.  She has a tenancy of not trying things after she sees me cook.  But she ate them and she liked them!  She told her daddy "Mommy made them all by herself!"  I also froze them in freezer bags and they heated up perfectly in the microwave!  I was so excited!  Hopefully your little ones will enjoy!


1 lb ground skinless chicken breast
1/4 cup panko crumbs
1 egg
1/4 tsp garlic and onion powder
1/2 tsp sea salt

Mix the ingredients together and form into nugget shapes.  Roll in extra panko crumbs for that breading crunch.  Bake at 375 on parchment lined pan for 15 minutes and then flip.  Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until slightly browned and juices run clear.




Today's verse

Psalms 51:10  "Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me."



No comments:

Post a Comment