Tuesday, July 23, 2013

It may get worse...pt. 2

OK OK OK, I know I am taking a break from posting, but I just had to throw this out there.  I wanted to talk about it yesterday, but time got the best of me.  But I have been staring at the computer and feeling I should type one more thing and a few verses.

One story in the Bible that is sooooo "It had to get worse before it got better", was the story of Joseph.  Imagine what he went through.  Being the favorite of his father and despised by his brothers.  Being sold into slavery by his on family.  Making it to a high position only to be lied about and thrown into prison.  But even in prison it says, "But the LORD was with Joseph, and showed him mercy and gave him favor in the sight of the keeper of the prison."  Genesis 39:20. Even after he had favor and correctly interpreted dreams, he was forgotten by the butler who was set free and for two full years he still remained in prison.

But God had a plan.  Joseph could have faltered.  He could have given up.  Joseph could have thrown in the towel, walked away from God, let go of his faith, and lost all hope.  (I can't say I wouldn't have lost all hope in his situation!)  But he kept going; he kept his faith, and God did restore his freedom and put him second in command.  Not only that, but he was reunited with his family and forgave them completely!

Genesis 50:20a  "But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good."

It got worse, and then a little better, and then worse again, and worse again, but it DID get better!


Today's verse
Psalms 139:8-10
"If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there:  if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.  If I take wings of the morning, and dwell in the utter-most parts of the sea.  Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me."  (emphasis added)

He is there.  No matter what is happening, where we are, how bad it is...HE IS THERE!  Holding us; leading us!



A.S. I love you and am praying for you!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment