Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Practicing and Praying

We've practiced with the lunch box for over a week now.  How does a 3 year old learn to eat like a big school girl without some practice?  We unzip the brand new, cool lunchbox, get out the containers and practice opening them, wipe our hands, eat the good food (with no complaining or asking for someone else's lunch), wipe our hands and our face, clean up our area, put all the containers back in the lunchbox...and it is as simple as that.

YIKES!!!

My baby is going to preschool tomorrow and I am slightly panicking!!!

Will it be good for her?   YES.
Will she learn a lot?   Of course.
Will she make new friends?  That is my prayer.
Will it be fun?  I'm sure of it.

We've been over our manners again this morning.  I have talked about sharing and waiting our turn. There's lessons on not pouting and how we can't win all the time.  We've read "The Night Before Preschool" and "JoJo's First Day Jitters".  I am preparing her with all I can think of.  I'm reassuring her and encouraging her.  I am promising her it is going to be great!

We're practicing and praying.

Practicing for the procedures and rules of school and praying for a smooth adjustment and easy acclimation to the whole process.

I am reminding myself that this is good for her. This is preparing her for all the many years of school ahead. Preparing her to learn.  Preparing her to grow up.  Preparing her to be the young lady God wants her to be.

God is preparing her and her big sister for all He has in store...and He is preparing me too!  I am nervous as to what is to come.  I don't know what to expect.  What will I be called to do?  Is there something new in store for me as this new stage of motherhood begins?  I am a slightly panicking!!!!  But...

Will this be good for me ?  YES.
Will I learn a lot?  Of course.
Will I make new friends?  That is my prayer.
Will it be fun?  I'm sure of it...as long as I keep my eyes on my heavenly Father and trust Him and what is to come!  As long as we keep practicing and praying I have no doubt the year ahead will be a great one!


Today's Verse

Joshua 1:9

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.




No comments:

Post a Comment