Wednesday, September 4, 2013

What's Cookin'?

So we are getting into the swing of things!  It has been a great start to the school year.  With the little one loving preschool (Big sigh of relief from mama!) and big sis loving first grade, we are excited to see what the year will hold.

The first day of preschool was last Wednesday, and I was very emotional.  The plan for the day was changed at the last minute.  This made me upset and threatened to ruin the day!  But we put on a smile and accepted things can't always go the way we would like.  It was a fabulous day in the end, and thankfully she declared she loved school!  She even wanted to go the next day and was disappointed when I told her she would have to wait until Friday to go back :).

I was a little disappointed when my preschooler declared she did not want the usual MM waffles for her special first day.  YIKES!  That is always the go-to-breakfast when we have special days! She wanted chocolate cinnamon rolls!  What was I going to do?

So this is what I came up with.  I was already making chocolate dipped marshmallows for something else, so I saved a few tablespoons of melted chocolate and spread onto crescents with some butter, sugar and of course cinnamon.  There are no exact measurements, but I don't think anyone could mess this up! It was quite tasty and I hope your family enjoys!

Rolls
1 can crescents
2-3 Tbsp melted milk chocolate
1-2 Tbsp cold butter cut into small pieces
1-2 Tbsp brown sugar
1-2 tsp cinnamon

Icing
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/2-1 Tbsp milk
1/4 tsp vanilla

Half the dough and spread out and press seams together.  Spread with melted chocolate and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon and dot with butter.  Roll jelly roll style long way and slice into about 10 rolls.  Altogether you should have about 20 small mini rolls.  For larger rolls, roll the short way and you should have 8 big rolls.  Place on a parchment lined pan and bake at 350 for about 12-15 minutes.  Mix icing until desired thickness and pour over baked rolls.  Warm and so so so good!




Today's Verse
"And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more."  Hebrews 10:17


No comments:

Post a Comment