Wednesday, September 25, 2013

What's Cookin'


I didn't talk about this over the summer, but my husband and I did a week of the Daniel's Fast at the beginning of the summer...and it was HARD!  Fasts are generally hard, and that is kinda the point...to focus on God instead of what we are missing.  I am praying about doing the fast again soon, and I will definitely be using this recipe if I feel lead to pursue this again.

When doing the fast, I missed Coke Zero and ice cream the most.  This recipe would be an alternate to ice cream. Unfortunately I didn't read about it until after the fast, but it is still good anytime.

Freezing bananas and mixing in the food processor makes an ice cream like texture and it works great in smoothies.  If using for the Daniel Fast, you would need to use all natural peanut butter, almond milk and no chocolate syrup.  I hope your family enjoys!

1 sliced banana - frozen overnight (So much easier to process if you slice before freezing.)
1/4 cup skim milk
1/4 cup oatmeal
1 Tbsp peanut butter
1/2 Tbsp chocolate syrup

Just throw in the food processor or blender or use an immersion blender and mix until creamy!  Pour into a glass and enjoy!



Today's Verse
"when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me."  Micah 7:8b


Wondering what the Daniel fast is?  Here are a few websites...
http://www.daniel-fast.com/
http://www.wikihow.com/Do-a-Daniel-Fast

No comments:

Post a Comment