Tuesday, September 17, 2013

My Source

No internet!!!! We had no internet all week last week.  No real explanation.  Everyday we would call and listen to an automated voice say..."The problem will be resolved by 12:00 pm"...call again..."The problem will be resolved tomorrow by 5:00 pm" and so forth and so on went the waiting for the internet issues to be resolved.

It is surprising how much I rely on this little source of information.  I check my email (a main source of communication with both of my daughters' school); I check the weather, the news, my recipes, and the list is long.  Not to mention this!!!  I missed typing.  And then there's the fact my daughter has homework every night on a math program that can only be pulled up using...you guessed it...the internet.

So here we go, to our new local, fancy gas station, to have an icee and do math homework on my laptop.  Kinda interesting!  Lot's of strange looks.  But hey, we got her homework done!

You can find anything on the world wide web.  Ask it a question, it will supply hundreds and hundreds of answers.  It is an infinite source of knowledge, but it is not all knowing!

There's only one Source for that kind of power.  And I am so glad He is my Source.

Last week was one of the craziest weeks on record.  Not only because of driving to gas stations to do homework, but just the whole weeks's schedule.  Several dental procedures for my oldest and myself, a few volunteer chances and several other things that left me driving all over town.  I am not a fan of driving in our big city downtown area, but I found myself downtown two days in a row.  By the time I had to sit in the dental chair on Friday for almost three hours, I was kind of glad for just the chance to sit down!  (Even though the pain was horrible!)

We made it through as a family.  We were a family that prayed our way through the hectic and completely crazy week.  A family that relied on the Source of power to get the lists accomplished. It wasn't a perfect week, but He gave us the strength to keep us going.  We had to rely completely on His Power!


Today's Verses
"My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation (hope) is from him.  He only is my rock and my salvation:  he is my defense; I shall not be moved.  In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength...Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him:  God is a refuge for us."  Ps 62:5-8


He is our refuge. He is our only Source of hope.  He is our only source of power.  Without Him, we can do nothing.  We were thankful to get that internet power back, but even more thankful...eternally, never able to express our appreciative hearts...thankful for our heavenly Father.


No comments:

Post a Comment