Monday, November 4, 2013

Gobble Gobble

So we had a family project this weekend to decorate a turkey for my first grade daughter's class!  It was so fun...but it did lead to lots of glitter which Daddy is not a fan of!  He didn't really have a choice.  All us girls thought it must have lots of glitter!  We laughed as we all four sat around this turkey placing beads and feathers and jewels.  We had to talk Daddy out of wiring it to light up and gobble out loud...such a man thing! :)  We think our princess turkey is lovely!  (I don't really think it is a girl, but my two little ones thought it had to be a princess.)  So I promised to post the pic, so please excuse me while I show off our handy work :).



All this turkey talk is making me already check out new recipes and think about what to try and which classics to stick with.  I am fighting the urge to be a Bah-hum-bug!  I am excited to know my little ones are already counting down the days...and the fact we passed a house this morning that was already decorated for Christmas made them clap and cheer!  Their excitement gives me hope!  

But besides the turkey and the excitement...we are thankful!  I am so glad this time of year brings out the thankfulness in all of us! We are thankful for God's love and forgiveness.  Thankful for our family.  Thankful for every moment we get to spend together.  We are thankful for every single thing...because every single thing comes from Him!!!

The girls and I have been talking about praising God through prayer and song lately.  I had told them I really wanted to teach them some of the old hymns that I love so much.  We do not sing them often at church, but I want them to know these precious songs and the peace they hold.  Then, we got the chance to sing a favorite yesterday at church!  I was overjoyed.  I leave you with the beautiful words and the hope that you can thank God today that these words are so true!

Today's Verses

Psalm 100

King James Version (KJV)
Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands.
Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his presence with singing.
Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.


v -1 I stand amazed in the presence
Of Jesus the Nazarene,
And wonder how He could love me,
A sinner, condemned, unclean.

v-4 He took my sins and my sorrows,
He made them His very own;
He bore the burden to Calvary,
And suffered and died alone.

v-5 When with the ransomed in glory
His face I at last shall see,
’Twill be my joy through the ages
To sing of His love for me.


O how marvelous! O how wonderful!
And my song shall ever be:
O how marvelous! O how wonderful!
Is my Savior’s love for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment