Wednesday, October 30, 2013

What's Cookin' Wednesday

The last two weeks have been a whirlwind!  So much to do and so much fun!  We had a great early 10 year anniversary trip!  The weather was beautiful, the scenery was perfect, and just to have several meals with nobody whining or saying they didn't like their food was so wonderful! And speaking of the food...that was amazing also!  We thanked God everyday for the blessing of the trip and His beautiful creation!

We also have been getting ready for fall festivals and classroom parties.  It is a beutiful time of year, but I think this is just the calm before the storm.  I suppose this is preparing us for the next two very busy months to come!

As I sat down exhausted Friday night...October 25th...I looked at my husband and said, "Two months from tonight and it will all be over!" It's not that I don't look forward to the fun that is ahead, but I do have a small amount of dread as we get ready for all the excitement and exhaustion to come.

I did want to share a few of our favorite fall treats before we start talking tinsel and lights.  The girls and I have made some fun things in the past and some of our favorites are linked below.  We tried something new this year.  I had seen an email about making these cupcakes in red for apples, but I thought why not try them in orange for pumpkins.  They turned our super cute!  I hope your family enjoys and I hope you get some rest this weekend because the first of November begins the countdown :)



Frost your cupcakes with orange tinted icing and then roll in orange sugar sprinkles.  Stick a pretzel in the top and voila...perfect and pretty pumpkins!  (Making orange sprinkles is easy with regular table sugar and a few drops of red and yellow food-coloring.  Stir and within seconds you have orange sugar.)


Other Faves:








Today's Verse
"The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe."  John 1:7



No comments:

Post a Comment