Wednesday, October 9, 2013

What's Cookin'

So the chill is here and I have tried a lot of recipes recently that I can't wait to share.  But I also had a flop this week :( .  It happens!  I am going to still work on it and hope I can share it soon.  It is a great cooler weather meal!

This recipe is so quick and easy! You can use a rotisserie chicken or boil your own chicken breast and shred.  I do this every other week and freeze.  That way I can pull it out and throw in pasta, casseroles, soups or these delicious sandwiches.  I used mini buns for my little ones, but you can use whatever kind you would like. I hope your family enjoys!


Bar B Q Chicken sandwiches

2 cups shredded cooked chicken
2/3 cup ketchup
1/2 Tbsp honey
1 tsp apple cidar vinegar
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
salt and pepper to taste
4 hamburger rolls or 8 mini sandwich rolls

Mix all the ingredients except for the rolls.  Simmer on Medium heat for 15 minutes and stirring occasionally.  Serve on warm rolls.




Today's Verse
"God is light, and in him is no darkness at all." 1 John 1:5b

No comments:

Post a Comment