Wednesday, October 16, 2013

What's Cookin Wednesday

Oh we finally saw the sun in our part of NC yesterday, and it was wonderful!!! It had been 9 days...9 very long and dreary days!  And a I type now, the clouds are back and the mist is here.  It can make me feel sooooo blah!  The only thing keeping me going is the fact we leave for sunny Florida tomorrow.  Yay! 

I have recently been using verses about our heavenly Father being our light.  These verses are so helpful when the blah dark days come.  When our situation is draining us.  Our circumstances seem depressing.  Or if just the clouds are bringing us down.  Remember He can be our light; He can be our strength, and He can get us through the darkness if we just trust and rely on Him. 

I feel certain we'll see the sun again soon, but as I wait I will use these verses to keep my day sunny!

I recently made these delicious cinnamon scones that I saw on the Women Living Well blog.  It certainly brightened our day and the day for some the ladies that work for my husband.  They are a great fall treat! Make them huge like we did or you could cut differently to make them smaller.  They would also be good with chocolate chips, but cinnamon is just so fallish (Is that a word?) and comforting to me.   You can certainly top with powdered sugar or make an icing with milk and powdered sugar to be like a cinnamon roll...yummy! I hope your family enjoys!


Cinnamon scones




  • 2 cups flour
  • 4 tsp baking powder
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • ⅓ cup sugar
  • 4 T butter
  • 2 T coconut oil - solid (or shortening which is what the original recipe calls for)
  • ¾ cup heavy cream
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup cinnamon chips
Instructions
  1. Sift together dry ingredients.
  2. Cut in the butter and shortening.
  3. In a separate bowl, beat cream and egg.
  4. Add to the dry ingredients.
  5. Stir in cinnamon chips.
  6. With floured hands, shape dough into a ball and lay out onto a floured surface.
  7. Flatten into a disk.
  8. Cut into 8 even wedges using a pizza cutter.
  9. Place individual scones onto a baking sheet covered in foil or parchment paper.
  10. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-25 minutes or until golden brown.




Today's Verse
"The LORD is my light and my salvation;"  Psalms 27:1a


No comments:

Post a Comment