Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Are you a pumpkin?

Our family will be headed to the NC State Fair in just a little while.  Our oldest is beyond excited!  I can't help but be a little excited myself.  I feel like a kid again whenever I see that ferris wheel!  I will eat a little something for all of you!  


The following was shared by email.  I loved it so much I wanted to share!  It's perfect for our time of year!

Being a Christian is like being a pumpkin. God lifts you up, takes you in, and washes all the dirt off of you. He opens you up, touches you deep inside and scoops out all the yucky stuff-- including the seeds of doubt, hate, greed, etc.  Then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light inside you to shine for all the world to see.


Today's Verse
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."  Matt 5:16


Make sure you are being a pumpkin today!  Put a smile on your face and let His light shine from within so others will see His love through us.



1 comment:

  1. Hope your family has a wonderful time at the fair! I loved your post today... reminded me of these verses that I used on my blog:

    "For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us." 2 Corinthians 4:6-7

    Thank you for continuing to shine your light in the darkness for His glory! Praying for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete