Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Whacha thinking?

I've added the first recipe tab!  Yay!  I hope to add recipes frequently.  With the pumpkin bread, I have used the remaining canned pumpkin, but I still have a half of a pack of cream cheese to do something with.  When I figure that out, I will let you know.  Put it on a bagel you might say...way too boring!

I have a ton of thoughts and stories whirling through my brain, but I love the idea of having a Whacha thinking Wednesday.  A chance to share thoughts and prayers on my mind and heart for the day and week.  I am also extremely stuffy and have been sneezing all day.  I am not sure my thoughts would come out like I would hope.  I am praying I will not get sick because our ladies banquet is this Saturday night.  That is really what is on my mind...

I hope everyone has a fun time...
I pray for Mrs. Glenda as she prepares to speak...
I pray the Lord speaks to our hearts through her words...
I pray for Mrs. Jennifer as she prepares the food...
I pray for the ladies singing...
I can't sing a lick...
I hope the ladies think the skit is funny...
I pray the teen girls come with willing hearts as we do the skit...
I have to talk...
I hate to talk...
I hope they enjoy the games...
I hope they understand the games...
Why did I say I would do this...
I am nervous...
I am scared...
Did I mention I hate to talk...
If I would have said no, I would be saying my favorite verse is not Truth...
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me"
Ahhh that feels better...
I can do this...
He will help me do this...

Thanks for listening.  I do hope you will pray for our function.  I will share our games and other fun things after it is over.  I don't want anyone cheating in advance.  I am including the poem I wrote.  Our theme is "You're Sew Special".

Today's Verse
"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts..." Colossians 3:15a


YOU ARE SPECIAL

God created each of us,
With a loving, caring hand.
He gave us each a uniqueness,
You each must understand.

You are fabulous and wonderful!
There is none like you – EVER!
You are completely made by Him,
And your value is beyond measure.

He loves you with your flaws.
He loves you with your fears.
He even loves you when you feel crazy.
And, He will love you through your tears.

You must honor Him and praise Him,
Serve Him with all you’ve got.
He gave each of you a talent,
And all together, we can do a lot.

So let’s shout it from the rooftops,
“I am His and He loves me!”
Share this with everyone around you,
                                                           “You are special”, yes indeed

No comments:

Post a Comment