Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Finding the silver lining

The girls and I went to the bounce house this morning.  It's actually called Kid Blast, and it is full of giant inflatables.  Super Fun!  Wednesdays is $5 bounce from 10-1.  We have only been a few times, but it is always a sure fire way to have a blast.  We are in need of a little fun around here.  The Lord is moving us in a new direction.  We are excited as we wait to see what He has in store for us.  But, it can be a little frightening as well.  It is especially hard for four year olds to comprehend when changes have to occur.  The bounce house was a great distraction.

There are signs and banners hanging up with references to Bible Verses.  It is a very positive atmosphere.  As I was on top of one of the slides waiting for mine and my youngest daughter's turn, I saw a new sign in the eating area.  And, yes I do the slides and bouncing myself, and I don't even have to pay - YAY!  The sign read "God is good...Just look around".

Oh I think I just found a new life slogan!  He is good.  Things in our lives may not always be going like we hope for, but just the fact that we are still going makes life good.  Find the good around you.  Be thankful for the blessings that come to you everyday.  Don't dwell on the negative, because there will always be some.  But as all the sayings say, look for the silver lining to that cloud; look for the rainbow after the rain; make some lemonade with those lemons.  Look around you and you'll see God is good!

I was reading a psalms while I rocked my little one.  It was Psalms 88.  My study Bible refers to it as the "gloomiest psalm".  Great!!!  I do not need any more gloom today.  Although the sun is starting to come out, it has been a gloomy morning.  There are gloomy things happening in our week.  I just don't want a gloomy psalms.  I challenged myself to find something positive.  In verse 13 we read "But unto thee have I cried O Lord; and in the morning shall my prayer prevent (or come before) thee."

Every morning before my feet hit the floor, I can pray to be positive that day.  I can pray God will open my eyes to see the good this day and find the positive in every trial.  He is listening always!  We can pray anytime!  He will hear my cries!  That is a positive right there!  He is a listening and caring God!

Verse for today
"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil (or calamity), to you an expected end (a future and a hope)."  Jer 29:11

He's got a future and a hope planned just for us.  Even when we don't understand the current trial, we know it will work out for His glory.  If that's not a silver lining, I don't know what is!

No comments:

Post a Comment