Thursday, October 6, 2011

Over Yonder

I feel like I am wandering a lot right now, and in every sense of the word.  The definitions of "wander" include physically roaming or travelling aimlessly, and mentally not focusing and losing train of thought.  I feel we are roaming this part of our life aimlessly in the unknown.  With our house for sale, and no set course for if it does sale, I would like a big arrow that says "GO HERE".  My thoughts wander about what will happen with moving, with Kindergarten, with jobs, and even with my writing.

I have no way of knowing.  I fell like I am growing in faith and patience as we wait on the Lord, but I really like knowing what's ahead.  Today I said out loud while driving, "Lord, I am growing in this desert, but I am ready to get out." It can be exciting to think of the possibilities, but it can be frightening too, if I let it.

Wander, wander, wander... Which way to go?  What to do?  How do You want us to serve?

Then, just a few moments ago, I was singing to my girls before they went to sleep.  Now, I have said before, I cannot sing.  Not one pretty note comes from my mouth.  But, oh how I love to sing old hymns.  I have my usual list I sing everyday.  I always end with "I've got a mansion".  I've sung it 1000s of times...seriously 1000s.  But, the words in the chorus just jolted my heart.  I stopped rocking.  I stopped singing.  Then, I started the chorus again to make sure I had heard myself right.  "And someday yonder we will never more wander, But walk on streets that are purest gold."

Oh yonder, sounds so... well...heavenly.  I am wandering down here, but we will not be up there.  I know He will show us His purpose for us here, but our main purpose here is to get more people to accept Him so we can all be yonder.

In Luke 17 we read several stories of Jesus' time on earth.  One is telling the coming of the Lord (verses 20-37).  He is coming to take us "yonder".  It will happen when no one expects it, but it will happen.  Another teaching is on faith and forgiveness (verses 1-6).  Jesus tells His disciples in verse 6, "If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted by the sea; and it should obey you."  I want that faith.  One of the side notes in my study Bible says, "One's faith often increases as one steps out in trusting obedience."

We are stepping in trusting obedience as we wander.  We are wandering for Him.  We know He is sending us somewhere.  We trust and our faith increases as we wander this life.

Today's Verse
"Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation." Isaiah 12:2

I am trusting and am not afraid, even though I feel like I am wandering aimlessly.  He is my strength and my song.  And my song will be in my heart and mind as I wait for His arrow.  It will come.  That is part of trusting.  Until then, I can't wait to "never more wander" over yonder "way beyond the blue".

No comments:

Post a Comment