Monday, September 3, 2012

Get it together - Part 3

Happy Labor Day!  I hope you are enjoying a much needed day off.

I just wanted to share a quick idea for planning your week.  This has worked for me all year.  I started this notebook in January and it has worked wonders.  In the beginning of my notebook, I set goals for the year.  The goals included everything from writing articles, books to read, prayer lists, family goals and so on.  It is so gratifying to check things off!  I then plan each week.  I sit down on Sunday night and fill out the info for that particular week.  I list each day and write what needs to be done.  I make a list of "minor to do's"...small tasks that need to be completed.  The tasks can be moved to next week if necessary, but need to be done soon.  Then I list "major to do's"...bigger tasks and tasks that must be accomplished that week.  I then also plan out the meals for the week.  At the beginning of the year I only planned suppers, but with Kindergarten I now plan breakfasts, lunchbox menu and also supper.  This helps me stay organized, helps me plan for what needs to be accomplished, and I am never asking "what's for supper?" at 5:30.


Our time is precious and good time-management skills are vital in organizing our days as a hectic family.  Yes, this is old fashioned, but it works for me!  Using our time wisely pleases God and makes our days less stressful...and the less stress and chaos we have, the more smiles and happier days we have!

Today's Verse
"So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom."  Psalms 90:12

No comments:

Post a Comment