Wednesday, September 26, 2012

What's Cookin' Wednesday!

My husband and I both do not like  mayonnaise.  I am sure we have eaten things that it is mixed into and not known it, and we are still alive.  But if we were to see it in the ingredients, we just could not stomach it.  You have to make it without us knowing it for us to eat....and plllllease never tell us when we have actually eaten it!!!!

My youngest daughter had a similar experience recently.  I have been "making" her yogurt.  She looooooves yogurt, but the kinds focused towards kids are so high in sugar.  I have been buying plain yogurt, no sugar and no fat, and mixing 1/3 cup with 1 Tbsp of all natural fruit jelly.  She has loved it, until she actually saw me mixing it.  The moment she realized it wasn't what she was used to, she stopped eating it.  She knew it wasn't her usual yogurt and she decided she didn't like it.  I came to realize I had to mix it before she got to the breakfast table.  If she doesn't watch me make it, she loves it!

I know mayonnaise makes cakes moist, dips creamy, and it is the glue for some delicious crabcakes.  That still does not make me like it as an ingredient.  Same with life's trials.  I know I learn from them, they help me grow, and God uses trials to make me the best person I can be, but that doesn't make me like them.  Just like disgusting ingredients can make a yummy recipe, difficult trials can produce fantastic results.  I don't like to watch God mix them into my life, but I know He uses them for my betterment.   I am better for the trials I have been through in life, and thankfully God has been holding my hand through every single trial I have faced!

Today's verse
James 1:12
"Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him." 






                                              
                
This is a fun treat that we have used for years at our family gatherings.  There is never one left.  My aunt made them this weekend using regular MM's for a rainbow birthday party for her grandaughter.  I made them this weekend for a church gathering using fall colored MM's.  You can use whatever color goes best with your next gathering.  I also add these to goody baskets during Christmas time.  They are always a hit and everyone always wants to know how to make these yummy treats.  Soooooo simple.

Simply lay your square or small twist pretzels on a foil lined cookie pan.  Place your unwrapped rolos on each pretzel.  Place in the oven for about 3-4 minutes with the oven set to 300 degrees.  Do not let the candies melt too much or lose their shape.  Just pull them out when the chocolate is shiny.  As soon as you remove from oven, gently press in an MM.  My mom likes to press in pecan halves for a turtle candy.  That is yummy too.  I hope your family enjoys!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment