Monday, October 1, 2012

Hanging on for dear life!

It was one of those mornings when I was hanging on for dear life when I woke up.  Both of my little ones are suffering from fevers and colds and they had invaded our queen size bed in the middle of the night.  I was left with six inches and felt like I was barely hanging on.  I know there will be readers who say I should not allow my girls to sleep with us, but to me, especially when they are not feeling well, they can come snuggle if they need to.  There will be a day when they will not need mom and dad to give them kisses after a bad dream, or want extra hugs before being tucked in, so while they are this age they are always welcomed (Especially if they go to Daddy first.  He is such a softy!  He always lifts them up and puts them right in our way too small bed.)

It doesn't happen every night, so when it does happen we make jokes about Mommy getting pushed out of the bed because of the extra stowaways.  There was a time I was not be able to sleep soundly with the six inches of space, but lately I have been so tired I can pretty much sleep anywhere and anyway.  I just hang on to the edge if I feel like I am falling.

There are days I feel like I am hanging on for dear life just to get through the week.  The weeks are a blur of school, homework, extra-curricular activities, and church.  There are disagreements to break up, 3 meals a day to prepare, laundry to wash, stories to read, devotions to discuss, Bible verses to learn, games to play, crafts to make, and the list is endless.  The weekends are just as crazy.  We had one of the busiest weekends this past weekend with a field trip, fair trip and museum trip all planned.  And while it was fun, it was also exhausting.

The moms in the Kindergarten class recently got together.  One thing we discussed was how the days seem to drag on, but the years fly by.  I can hardly fathom that today is October 1st.  Where did 2012 go?  While some days seem to be endless and monotonous, they some how seem to speed by.  Everything is going too fast and I am barely hanging on!

I have to find a happy medium...enjoy the gift of life that God has given me, make memories with my family, but take time to slow down and smell the roses, rest and renew myself as well.  I need to loosen my grip a little and make sure God has full control of my life.  I have zero control over what happens, and I gladly give Him full reign.  It sure takes a lot of pressure off when you let got, and it definitely helps me to relax and enjoy life instead of letting it just fly by while I hang on.

Jesus says in John 10:10 that He came to give us life more abundantly.  So let's really live the life He has granted us.  Let's really enjoy it.  And most importantly let's live it for Him.

Today's Verse
Colossians 3:17 "And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him."

Whether we are barely hanging on because of the business or we are taking time to stop and enjoy the view, we are to do everything in the name of the Lord.  We pray for strength to get through the sick days, the busy days, and the crazy weeks, and we pray for rest when we come to Him because we are tired.  If you are barely hanging on today, take some time to spend reading God's Word and to stop and be thankful for the blessings He has given you today...even if they do kick you out of your own bed!



I love this song!  This is the first verse of "Do Everything" by Steven Curtis Chapman, and it always helps me to remember to keep a smile on my face when I feel like my life is roller coaster ride!

You're picking up toys on the living room floor for the 15th time today
Matching up socks
Sweeping up lost cheerios that got away

You put a baby on your hip
Color on your lips and head out the door

While I may not know you, 
I bet I know you
Wonder sometimes, does it matter at all?

Well let me remind you, it all matters just as long
As you do everything you do to the glory of the One who made you, 
Cause he made you, 
To do
Every little thing that you do 
To bring a smile to His face
Tell the story of grace
With every move that you make
And every little thing you do

http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=F9B20CNU

No comments:

Post a Comment