Wednesday, October 24, 2012

What's Cookin' Wednesday

So here is a simple treat I made recently.  I know I have seen recipes out there for fruit salsa, but instead of looking one up, this is what I came up with just using what I had.  The girls loved it, and it was different and fun and most importantly...tasty!  This was just enough for us girls, but I am sure you could double or triple. Hope your family enjoys!

1 large flour tortilla
nonstick butter flavored spray
sugar
cinnamon

1 kiwi
2 slices fresh pineapple
6-8 small-medium strawberries
1 tsp orange juice
1/2 tsp sugar

Cut or tear tortillas into triangles.  Place on cookie sheet.  Spray w/ butter spray and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar; flip and repeat. (If tearing, this is great for the little ones to assist!) Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp.  Meanwhile, finely dice fruit and mix with OJ and sugar.  Serve with warm chips.  Very Yummy!



Today's verse
"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing."  John 15:5

No comments:

Post a Comment