Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Falling

We are trying to back to normal (if you can call any life "normal") today after a wonderful fall break.  My Kindergartner got out of school early on Thursday and then was out Friday and yesterday.  It was so nice to have a break.  No homework, no alarm clocks, no packing lunches...yay for fall break.  We took a short trip to Virginia, went to homecoming at my parent's church and even went to the State Fair yesterday.  It was a fun filled long weekend!  

But with all this fun filled fall break...I am realizing today how I am falling behind on all my duties.  I woke up knowing I was behind on my house work, my upcoming projects and I didn't even take time to plan our week out.  So overwhelmed is how I am feeling.  This led to a little anxiety which led me to realize how I have been falling behind on a lot of things lately.  It seems this year is almost over and I am behind on most of my goals...my article goal, my book list, my organization list and several other goals I set for myself at the beginning of the year.  

Falling 
Falling 
Falling 

Further and further BEHIND!!!

I don't like this feeling of not being able to get caught up.  

I love the fall season, the pumpkins and hay bales, the comfort food in the crock pot, the festivals and hay rides, but I don't like the falling feeling that comes with fall.  I realize how I have fell short of most of my goals.  I am not living up to my expectations of myself.

Here is the thing I am telling myself today...As long as I am honestly doing my best, staying in God's Word, completing to the best of my abilities the tasks of being a wife, mom, and servant of God, God is not disappointed in me.  He knows I will fall short, that is why He sent His Son to die for me. (Romans 3:23).  I may let myself down by falling behind, but if my focus is still on God I will not let Him down no matter what.

I have the blessing of  starting anew everyday.  I love the verse found in 2 Corinthians 4:16, "For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day."    I am renewed day by day to be a follower of Christ, to be a help meet to my husband, to love on my girls, and to tackle my goals.  Yes I will fall because I am not perfect, but everyday it is a chance to try my best again!  

Today's Verse
"And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me."  Luke 9:23

This was the key verse from the sermon I heard on Sunday.  And although I loved the points the pastor brought from the verse, today one word is standing out to me..."daily".  It is a daily thing to pick up our cross and follow God.  It is a daily thing to live our lives for the Lord.  It is a daily thing to deny ourselves...daily.  Everyday.  We may have fallen the day before.  We may have even failed the day before.  But we can be renewed the next day.  We can pick up our cross again and follow the One who sustains us and gives us life more abundantly. 

 If you are feeling like you are falling today grab hold of the One who loves you no matter how much you fall.   

No comments:

Post a Comment