Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Let the goodies begin!

I am barely able to type this post as I am injured again!  :-)  What else is new?  I do have a serious infection in my finger which makes it very hard to type and write.  I am on an insane amount of antibiotics and will go back to the doctor on Wednesday.  But as for now, a lot of typing is so out of the question.  I did want to post the recipe for this week.  Whether you are headed to your church's fall festival or out to get the goodies by trick-or-treating, this is a quick easy supper you can have waiting when you get back or right before you take off.

This is a fun version of french dip sandwiches.  I hope your family enjoys!

In a small crock pot mix together one envelope of french onion soup mix, 3 cups of water, and 8-12 oz of deli sliced roast beef.  Cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high for 2-3.  Right before serving take crescent rolls and lay them flat on a parchment lined cookie sheet.  Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and bake in the triangle shapes for 12-15 minutes or until lightly brown.  Place meat on the crescent and top with favorite sliced cheese.  We love cheddar, pepper jack, or provolone.  I also occasionally add bell peppers to the soup mix as well, for a little extra color and taste.  You can serve a with a small bowl of juice to dip the sandwich in if you would like.  Perfect for these chili fall nights!





Today's Verse
"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."  
2 Timothy 1:7

This is the verse I use for the girls around this time of year when things can look a little scary or spooky!  I love how there is a verse that can be used for every little thing we might face!  I hope to be back next week!

Don't go overboard on the sugar!  Let the holiday goodies begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment