Wednesday, October 17, 2012

What's Cookin' Wednesday

When I think fall, I think comfort food.  Comfort food is different delicacies for different people.  Casseroles, chili, soups, anything cheesey and pumpkin desserts come to my mind.  But I have known several people who think Italian when they think comfort food.  So I decided to make homemade meatballs for a delicious spaghetti and meatball supper.  I have never made homemade meatballs, but I have to say they were super tasty and super easy.  Daddy didn't make it home in time from the airport to enjoy this meal, so we made him a to-go lunch for the next day to take to work.  I had to include his text pics because it was so sweet and funny!

Meatballs

1 lb. lean ground beef
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup plain panko or bread crumbs
1/4 cup egg product or 1 egg
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning

Mix well with fork and roll into 1 in balls.  Place on parchment lined pan and bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes.  Shake the pan frequently to roll the meatballs around for even cooking.  Serve with favorite pasta and sauce.

Just a note...you can adjust the seasonings to your liking.  The reason I had two pans is I added fresh chopped chili pepper from my cousin's garden to half the batch.  If no fresh peppers are available but you want some heat, a pinch of red pepper flakes would be good too!  Hope your family enjoys!






Today's Verse
"For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect (loyal) toward him."  2 Chronicles 16:9a

For any tired mommy's out there...rather you are parenting a toddler or a teenager...today's Proverbs 31 devo is so good!  Check it out if you have a chance...

http://www.proverbs31.org/devotions/surviving-mommy-stress-2012-10/

No comments:

Post a Comment