Wednesday, October 3, 2012

What's Cookin' Wednesday

My two best helpers are still down for the count.  We are on day three of fevers and no school.  It is sad and pitiful around our house.  My oldest helper is looking a little better today, but she still has fever.  My littlest helper is always a step behind big sis, so she is just now getting to the worst part of the fever.  PITIFUL!

Thankfully my helpers and I had made our cute fall treat a few days before the sickness set in.  I have seen these done many ways, but this is my take on it.  They are super cute and the girls and I had lots of fun making them.

For any moms out there that have their own little kitchen helpers, I do highly recommend the kitchen stand that my girls are standing on in the picture.  They both fit in there and there is no arguing or pushing.  I don't have to worry about them falling out of a chair while helping mix and stir.  They got it for me for mother's day from a website called onestepahead.com.  It has been put to great use!

This is candy acorns!  Super cute!  Super Yummy!  Lot's of fun!  I have seen these made with mini nutter butter cookies.  I also think mini vanilla wafers would work too.  But today we used mini fudge striped cookies.  Also, another tip, we used the new Air Delights Hersey Kisses.  They are lighter and stick better than the regular Hersey Kisses.

Simply unwrap the kisses (great for little ones), melt 1/2 cup of peanut butter chips (or you can use chocolate chips if you like), put about 1/4 tsp of melted chips on bottom of cookie and stick kiss immediately to it.  Then put another tiny dot of melted chips on top of cookie and place a milk chocolate chip on top for the stem.  A great fall treat!  Hope your family enjoys!

The best helpers in the world!

How Cute!!!




I will try to have a more substantial recipe next week.  This is two weeks of chocolate, which I am sure someone will point out to me :)   I guess my sweet tooth has really been acting up :)

Today's Verse
"If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men."  Romans 12:18

This has been our verse for Wednesday night study this week.  I love watching my little ones learn God's Word and hide it in their hearts.  Even my 2 1/2 year old tries her best to say the verses like Sissy!  With only one quick trip to the doctor this week, I am saying this verse a lot in my mind.  I am getting cabin fever and not feeling as "peaceably" as I should!  We are praying for healing, and for now rest and hugs are the best medicine!

No comments:

Post a Comment