Wednesday, November 6, 2013

What's Cookin'

Pumpkin Muffins...one of my faves.  I have to tell a story about what I tried with these little treats.  But I must warn you, it means I have to be negative about a product.  I am not being mean...this is just my taste buds talking.

I love pumpkin pie spice items...lattes, coffee creamer, pies, cookies, breads and all sorts of treats.  So when I saw pumpkin spice hersey kisses, I had to try.  Well I was disappointed :-(.  I didn't want to not like them, but I just couldn't make myself like them.  So, not wanting to throw them away, I decided to chop them and try them in a few of my pumpkin chocolate chip muffins.  I have to say it was pretty good.  I prefer chocolate of course, but it was still tasty.  So I will be trying to chop these little things again and try them in other goodies.  I will keep you updated!


So here is my take on the muffins.  You can certainly use only all-purpose flour and melted butter in place of coconut oil and they are still tasty.  I hope your family enjoys!

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins

1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 egg
3/4 cup pumpkin
3/4 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup milk
3 Tbsp melted coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla 
1/2 cup chocolate chips

  1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the egg, brown sugar, pumpkin, milk, coconut oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips.
  2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.Yield: 1 dozen.



Today's Verse
"Ye are the light of the world.  A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.  Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.  Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."  Matthew 5:14-16

No comments:

Post a Comment