Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Mmmmmm Muffins

Hands down, this is the best muffin recipe ever!  It freezes well, they are super tasty and they have peaches and walnuts inside.  I am not even a huge peach fan, but these are irresistible.  I saw a different version of this muffin on another site, but I have made a few changes and the result is sooooo yummy!  I wish I had a picture, but I can't seem to keep them long enough to take one :-)

To freeze, I just wrap individually in wax paper and freeze in freezer bags.  Heat for 30-45 seconds and they are amazing.  I hope your family enjoys!


1/2 cup of butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup lowfat plain yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup chopped fresh or frozen peaches
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
2 Tbsp brown sugar

Cream butter and sugar.  Add egg and yogurt and vanilla and mix well.  Combine flour and baking powder, stir into creamed mixture just until moistened.  Do not overmix.  Fold in  peaches and walnuts.  Fill greased muffin cups 3/4 full.  Sprinkle with brown sugar if desired.  Bake at 375 for 18-25 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment