Monday, September 29, 2014

Colors

I am officially a soccer mom!  Wow!  How did this happen?  I don't even know all the rules to soccer!  I am a sports fan.  I can honestly say I completely understand the game of football (unlike my mom who asked how many innings there were in our big football game this weekend...lol!).  I love basketball and I love baseball, but now I must learn to love and understand soccer.  With my girls on two different teams, and my husband coaching my oldest's team...I am left with a lot of the dirty work of planning for practices, snacks, texting parents, etc.  Two different schedules and games overlapping, this should be awesome!  I am basically living at the soccer fields for the next month and a half, but we are excited.

After a late practice last Monday, we rush home to get super on the table, baths and spend a little time playing a game as a family.  My mind was going a mile a minute.  I was thinking of the other practices (don't forget there are still gymnastics, dance, co-op and church things too), the 4 dentist appointments on 3 different days, my husband leaving for the west coast and taking a red-eye back, school pictures, and you get what was going on.  I was worrying over how the week would get accomplished and if I would keep it together as it progressed.

Then in a moment, I looked up.  I was washing my hands at my kitchen sink, when one of those AAHHHHH! moments took place...


The picture doesn't do the sunset justice.  The colors were amazing.  The view was breathtaking.  The effects were so calming.  It was going to be a tough week.  But the Lord would give me moments like this to remember to take a deep breath, enjoy this hectic life, be thankful for my family, spend time with Him to give me strength, and always notice His beautiful creation. 


Today's Verse
"The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork."  Psalms 19:1 ESV

Take time enjoy and be thankful for the world the Lord created for us!  His colors and the reminders of His love are amazing!


Head over to showingjoy.blogspot.com to see a cool color project the girls did!


No comments:

Post a Comment