Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Catching Up!

Sooooo....

Well it's been a while.  Not because I intended it to be.  Nor because I didn't want to post.  It just sort of happened.  Each day went by with very few moments for computer time.  Hardly any TV time. Just lots of fun in the sun and using our imaginations!  I'm not going to whine and cry that it is September...but I do think it might make me feel better.  Seriously!  But here we are in another school year, and we are ready for anything!  I blinked and the summer was over.  It is suppose to be hot hot hot here in NC this week, so it is not exactly fall yet.  But there is no pool (sniff) and too hot to go to the park (sniff sniff), so what in the world are we going to do?  Time to be looking up some Pinterest ideas!

Oh, and by the way, we are homeschooling this year for our second grader...YIKES!

So I really do hope to post more.  I am debating a separate home school blog.  I am excited.  I am scared.  We are beginning week three...and second grade is hard!  I previously did not write in cursive, but I do now.  It took me 8 times to write September in cursive yesterday on the board when preparing for today.  No joke!  I am thankful for this opportunity, and that I feel God has truly called us to do this for this school year, but I am overwhelmed!  My little one is still going to preschool three days a week, and we are participating in a cool co-op.  We have church; we will be starting soccer soon, and the little one is still in dance and the big one in gymnastics.  Life is still crazy plus doing all the school work.  But, I am just referring to my fave verse often...Phil 4:13... to sustain me.

Our theme verse for our home school is 2 Peter 3:18..."But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  To him be the glory both now and for ever.  Amen."

Part of our mission statement says..."Learning to put Jesus first, others second and ourselves last." This is otherwise known as JOY.

J - Jesus first
O - Others second
Y - Yourselves last

This is something that can be hard for everyone, but we are trying to really instill this in our kids this year.  It will be an interesting year.  There will be some tough times...there already have been!  But we will grow in grace, we will learn more about Jesus, and we will hopefully come out of this in May saying this was an awesome experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment