Thursday, January 8, 2015

Time for Soup!

Happy 2015! I hope it's off to a great start!

We have been getting back into the swing of things.  School has been a little difficult to jump back into this week, but we are finishing up the 3rd six weeks and that means we are half way there!

Christmas was busy, but fun!  Such a nice break when you have to think really hard about what day of the week it is!  The girls got a unique swing set, that has become my favorite place to relax. It is kind of like a big circle hammock.  My youngest loves telling everyone that their swing is mom's new happy place!  It's nice until they start to spin me around and around...then I am not so happy.

It's cold in our parts...well I hear it's cold almost everywhere.  So, it's time for soup!  We are having chili tonight, but I wanted to share a lasagna soup we had over the break.  Literally one of the best things I think I have ever had!  I've seen lots of versions of this on pinterest...but here's mine.  I served it with garlic knots.  It was so good, we all had seconds!  Yay!
I hope your family enjoys!



Lasagna Soup

1 lb Sausage - Browned and drained
3 cans of chicken broth
1 can Italian diced tomatoes
1 can tomato paste
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
10 lasagna noodles

1 cup ricotta cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese

Combine all the ingredients except the cheeses and noodles in a large dutch oven on medium heat.  Bring to a simmer and reduce to low.  Stirring occasionally, cook for 1-2 hours.  (This could probably be done in the crock pot also, and we will definitely try it that way.  I just cooked it on the stove top and started it early evening and left it.)  Turn heat back up to medium high and add the noodles in broken pieces.  Cook for another 15-20 minutes or until the noodles are al dente.  Serve with a dollop of ricotta and a sprinkle of mozzarella if desired.





Philippians 3:13King James Version (KJV)

13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,


No comments:

Post a Comment