Monday, March 19, 2012

Tired and Sneezing

Did you ever think one hour could affect us in so many ways?
Have you recovered from "springing forward" last week to Daylight Savings Time?

I have to say, for some reason, I am dragging still today.  I have felt like I can hardly put one foot in front of the other.  I definitely haven't caught up on my sleep debt, and I still feel like I haven't adjusted properly.  To me, this Monday has seemed even more difficult than last Monday.

Studies show that there is an increase in traffic accidents, work related injuries, and even heart attacks the Monday after we loose an hour to DST.  There are tips for avoiding the tiredness, none of which my family adhered to. They included not napping over the weekend, not sleeping in all weekend, and begin to go to bed fifteen minutes earlier every night the week prior to the time adjustment.  Hopefully next year I can try these tactics...but in all reality we probably will not!

As drowsy as I feel, I do love the extra daylight time.  We are experiencing warmer than usual weather here in NC for the month of March. This leads to more time at the park, in our own yard, and even the first picnic of the season on Saturday night.

One hour...so much fun, but so tiring. 

There are also other down sides to the spring season...and the big culprit is POLLEN!  I stepped outside Saturday morning to one of the most beautiful days on record, only to sneeze six consecutive times.  I thought my head would pop off.  I thought my nose would run away.  I thought my eyes had sprung a leak.

Beautiful weather...so much fun, but so much sneezing.

There may be a little bad that comes along with the good in our lives sometimes.  Which do we focus on?  Do we rejoice in the good or do we dwell on the bad?

Today's Verses
"Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labor of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; and the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls:  Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.  The LORD God is my strength...and he will make me to walk upon mine high places."  Habakkuk 3:17-19

Look at all the bad in verse 17.  There appears to be no fruit and the herds are gone...but Habakkuk chooses and instructs to still "rejoice in the LORD".

I'm tired and sneezing, but I am happy and rejoicing for all the good that outweighs those symptoms of my favorite time of year, and for the God of the universe that has given me this time!









1 comment: