Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Sprinkles and Sparkles

I am sure I have said it before, but in a home with two small girls, there tends to be lots of glitter.  So much that it can drive Daddy a little crazy sometimes, but hey, as girls we like sparkly things!  This was ever more apparent when my daughters named their stick ponies Sprinkles and Sparkles. Can you get any more girly?

One of my oldest daughter's favorite book series is Fancy Nancy.  I like it because it helps improve her vocabulary by giving the definitions for bigger words.  She likes it because...well simply, Nancy is "fancy".  Nancy loves glitter and sequins and dressing up and all things girly, just like my two little ones.  It is dress up like your favorite book character at my daughter's preschool this Thursday.  We have been thinking and planning on how she can best portray Fancy Nancy.   I am excited to see the final results.  I am sure there will be lots of bows in the hair and jewelry to wear and lots of sparkles!

This weekend we had a small accident that involved glitter. The girls both got snow-globes for Christmas this past year from their Daddy.  They had little ballerinas inside, and as any good snow-globe does, they play beautiful music.  Well, one globe was utterly destroyed on the kitchen floor Saturday morning.  It was dangerous with all the glass.  It was sad because they were cherished items, and it had the date engraved on it, so it is not necessarily replaceable.  But it was also very sparkly.  The kitchen floor was covered with glitter water and it was quite a site.

The sun shines in our kitchen bay window so beautifully in the morning.  Each little flake reflecting the sun's rays causing the entire floor to light up.  My husband and I labored long and hard cleaning up the mess, but the way it all glistened in the sun stayed on my mind and especially during the end of the sermon on Sunday.

The Pastor read some of my favorite verses...

Today's Verses
"In my Father's house are many mansions:  if it were not so, I would have told you.  I go to prepare a place for you.  And if I go to prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also."  Matt 14:2-3

Do you ever imagine what heaven is going to look like?  Doesn't it make you smile?  It is going to be more gorgeous (a Fancy Nancy word), more magnificent (another), and more splendid (still another) than our wildest imaginations.  The glitter on my kitchen floor was pretty, but heaven will be unbelievable.

I have to share what my KJV Women's Study Bible says about these verses and "Heaven" in particular...

"Heaven is a place and the eternal hope of the saved.  Scripture describes it as a beautiful city where the redeemed will live for eternity.  The activities in heaven include singing (Rev 15:3), worship (Rev 5:9), serving (Rev 22:3), ruling (2Tim 2:12; Rev 22:5), fellowship with others (Matt 17:3), and eating (Rev 2:17)  The quality of existence in heaven is a life of fellowship with God (Rev 22:4), a life of rest (Rev 14:13)...The glories of heaven belong only to those who have personally trusted Christ for their salvation..."

The joy and the fellowship that will be never ending, and oh the glitter we will see up there in that beautiful city.  It is exciting.  It is refreshing to imagine it.  It is humbling that God sent His Son for us so we could enjoy a life with Him in eternity in heaven...full of all the sprinkles and sparkles we can think of.

No comments:

Post a Comment