Wednesday, April 11, 2012

33


So I recently turned the big thirty two.  As I thanked God that birthday morning for the blessings He had given me, I thought for a minute about how unworthy I felt.  I remember daydreaming about growing up.  I just always assumed I would be a wife and mother.  I prayed that God would guide me as I trudged through high school, went off to college, got my first real job, and even met the love of my life.  But I never thought about how truly wonderful it could all really be.

Am I saying my life is perfect…that would be a big NO.  I am in no way saying I don’t struggle to make it through some days.  I feel like I can hardly keep it all together, and I am just doing the best I can.  But even when I feel nothing is going right, I can’t believe the way God has brought me through every trial I have ever faced.  It has been an up and down roller coaster these thirty two years, but I am more than thrilled to have God hold my hand through it all.  Every day I think on how truly blessed I am to be His child.  I AM unworthy, but by His grace I am made a child of God.

I don’t know how many birthdays God will allow me to celebrate, but I want every one I am given to be another year I lived for God.  I recently read a study that said the age of 33 is considered the happiest time in a person’s life.  Studies were done, and that seemed to be the best year.  Families were being established, careers were set, and life was just peachy for 33 year olds.  As my husband and I laughed about the study, I again said, “This is it!  According to the study, it is all downhill after my next birthday.”  I never want that to be my attitude or thinking when it comes to life.  I want every day and every year to be the best, and I want to cherish each day as the true gift that it is.  I want to make sure that myself and my family is being the light for God that He has called us to be.

Today’s verse
Psalms 144:15 “Happy is that people, that is in such a case: yea, happy is that people, whose God is the LORD.”

I want, I need, I must be happy because my God is The One and Only True God.  I don’t want that happiness to end the day I turn 34.  I want that happiness to radiate for the rest of my life.  Am I always happy every minute of every day?  I wish I could answer yes, but of course not.  But I desire that on even my worst days when I feel like I am barely making it through, I hope to reflect on this verse and remember all I have to be happy about…I am happy because my God is the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment