Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Inside and Outside

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy site, O LORD, my strength and my redeemer."  Psalms 19:14

These words use to be on a post-it note on my office computer when I worked at a local university.  It is a favorite verse of mine, but oddly enough I haven't thought about it much lately.  That is until today.  I read something that made that verse flash in my mind.  I use to stare at this verse and say it over and over on a daily basis, but with it not in front of my eyes I had kind of forgotten about it.

How are my words?  Are they pleasing to God?

More importantly, how is my heart?  Is it pleasing to God?

My outside may look fine.  I may be smiling.  I may appear happy.  But is my inside happy?  Is my heart meditating on things that are "acceptable in [His] site" today?

My thoughts, my heart, my judgments, my fears, and my anxieties can only be heard and seen by the Lord.  I want these things to be acceptable.  I want to be living for Him on the inside as well as the outside.

Today's Verse
"For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me."  Psalms 31:3

He is "my strength and my redeemer" and "my rock and my fortress".  I shouldn't have to see those words plastered in front of my eyes to remember all He is to me.  We read our Bibles and pray for guidance daily so that our insides match our outsides.

Heavenly Father, Help me to live for You, trusting in You, and waiting patiently for You to lead and guide me.  Help me to not only speak the words that are acceptable in Your site, but help my insides radiate the dependence I have on You.  Help my outsides as well as my insides be a light for You.

No comments:

Post a Comment