Monday, April 16, 2012

Blessed

My husband and I had fabulous date night Sunday night that included a concert at the DPAC by one of my favorite singers of all time...Martina McBride.  Now for those who may not know me, I am a huge country music fan.  My father never allowed me to listen to rock-n-roll or "pop" music when I was growing up.  It was just country and hymns in our house.  I have always loved Martina McBride since she first became a country music star, and it was a real treat to get to hear her sing in the theatre.

My list of favorite songs by Marina McBride are pretty much everything she sings, and she has several songs that can make me cry every time I hear them.  One of those songs is "Blessed". In the chorus there is a line, "I thank God for all I've been given at the end of every day."  As she sang that song Saturday night, the tears burned my eyes.

 Do I truly thank Him for every thing?  He has "blessed" me with so much, but am I thankful enough?  How can I show my thankfulness?

These questions have played over and over in my mind.  Not only should I tell God how thankful I am for Him, His love, His forgiveness, His Son and the sacrifice He made, and everything He has blessed me with, but I should tell my family how thankful I am for them.  There should never be a day I don't tell my husband I love him and my girls that I love them.  I want them to know how much they mean to me.  I must teach my girls that every single thing we have has been a blessing for the Lord.  We have not come by anything on our own.  It is all a gift from God, including every day we have on earth.  I should tell others how God has worked in my life.  Share my faith, my love of God, and how He has blessed us.  Take nothing for granted, and truly be thankful.

Thank You, thank You, thank You Lord for everything...and yes I mean everything!  Even the very trials I am facing right now (and we all have trials)...I am praying for a thankful heart in every situation.  I am praying to see every trial we go through as a blessing.  No our trials will not feel like a blessing, but I trust in God's supreme power to make even the hardest times become a blessing to somebody for God's glory.

My husband will start a new Bible study tonight based on the movie Courageous.  If you haven't seen the movie, I do highly recommend it.  It challenges fathers to be the best they can be.  But even as a mother, it spoke to me.  To be the best wife I can be...supporting my husband, being thankful for him and all he does for me and our girls.  Be the best mommy I can be, teaching my girls and making sure they know God's love for them and my love for them.

Today's Verse
"Only fear the LORD, and serve him in truth with all your heart:  for consider how great things he hath done for you."  1 Samuel 12:24

I love this verse.  My daughters have a memory verse CD where children sing verses, and this is one of our favorites.  I can hear them singing it in my mind as I type the words.  Oh how I long to make this verse real in my life and in theirs.  We serve Him will all our hearts today.  We think about how He has guided us through so much.  We are thankful for His blessings on us.  We "consider how great things he hath done for [us]".

The lyrics to "Blessed" is below.  Even if you are not feeling like a "Praise the Lord" day today, thank Him and your heart will be lifted.  He has blessed you in so many ways, consider those blessings today!

I get kissed by the sun each morning
Put my feet on a hardwood floor
I get to hear my children laughing
Down the hall through the bedroom door
Sometimes I sit on my front porch swing
Just soaking up the day
I think to myself, I think to myself
This world is a beautiful place

I have been blessed
And I feel like I've found my way
I thank God for all I've been given
At the end of every day
I have been blessed
With so much more than I deserve
To be here with the ones that love me
To love them so much it hurts
I have been blessed

Across a crowded room
I know you know what I'm thinking
By the way I look at you
And when we're lying in the quiet
And no words have to be said
I think to myself, I think to myself
This love is a beautiful gift

I have been blessed
And I feel like I've found my way
I thank God for all I've been given
At the end of every day
I have been blessed
With so much more than I deserve
To be here with the ones that love me
To love them so much it hurts
I have been blessed

When I'm singing my kids to sleep
When I feel you holding me
I know

I have been blessed
And I feel like I've found my way
I thank God for all I've been given
At the end of every day
I have been blessed
With so much more than I deserve
To be here with the ones that love me
To love them so much it hurts
I have been blessed



No comments:

Post a Comment