Monday, July 2, 2012

Butterflies

While in Florida, my daughters and I went to a place called Butterfly World.  It was spectacular.  The girls loved every minute.  As we stood there and watched the hundreds of butterflies fluttered around us, I thought of just how awesome a butterflies' story is.  They start as a small egg, a baby caterpillar is born, it forms its own cocoon, and then the beautiful butterfly emerges.  How could such a transformation and thing of beauty occur from a big bang?????

This has been on my heart so much recently...seeing our Maker in the world around us.  While we were in Florida I posted on seeing Christ in creation.  I was more prone to noticing the little things while we were away.  The gigantic ocean, the beautiful sunsets, the stars at night and the moon reflecting over the waves.  I saw His thumbprints on the butterflies as we watched in amazement at the wide spectrum of colors on their wings...each a creature of beauty and each one slightly different (just like us humans).

We were even able to go to a drive-thru safari where we saw so many of God's animals up close and personal.  Each animal different and unique and amazing in their own way (again like us).  We learned that the zebra's stripes are like our fingerprints, and no two are alike.  We learned that a monkey cannot swim nor float, so they just put water around them to keep them in their play area.  Each animal was a thing of beauty.  Each animal made by Him.

When we arrived home we had the privilege of receiving fresh produce from some of our families' gardens.  I fried squash, made homemade salsa, and boiled fresh corn on the cob.  Each veggie and fruit so delicious and so pretty...and God made them all.

Every unique tree we saw in Florida (and we saw a lot)...made by God.
Every amazing animal we saw...made by God.
Every sunny day and moonlit night...made by God.
Every person we saw...made by God.
Every colorful fish we saw...made by God.
Every colorful flower that bloomed...made by God


It didn't just happen.  We just didn't appear.  So many plants and animals weren't just an accident.  He designed each thing.  He created it ALL!

Today's Verse
"Thou, even thou, art LORD alone; thou hast made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshipeth thee."  Nehemiah 9:6

I received this email this weekend, and it put a huge smile on my face for many reasons...but mainly because of the butterfly.  I know I encouraged you a few weeks ago, but I will encourage you again...look for God's handiwork in all of creation.  Thank Him for all He has done for you and the beautiful world He made for us to live in and enjoy!


   The man whispered, "God, speak to me" and a meadowlark sang. 

   But, the man did not hear.


So the man yelled, "God, speak to me" and the thunder rolled across the sky.But, the man did not listen.


   The man looked around and said, "God let me see you." And a star shined brightly.

But the man did not see.


  And, the man shouted, "God show me a miracle." And, a life was born.
  But, the man did not notice.

So, the man cried out in despair, "Touch me God, and let me know you are here."
Whereupon, God reached down and touched the man. But, the man brushed the butterfly away and walked on.


DON'T MISS OUT ON A BLESSING BECAUSE IT ISN'T PACKAGED THE WAY THAT YOU EXPECT.

No comments:

Post a Comment