Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Nahum

In the many sermons I have listened to in my years I can't recall a pastor saying, "Now turn to the book of Nahum."  Now I in no way am saying I have never heard that phrase, but I am sure it has not been but a very few instances....if any.  That is why I found it so interesting that I was reading a short devotion this week and was touched by a verse found in Nahum.

Nahum 1:7 "The LORD is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him."

Now as I took my Bible to further investigate this comforting verse, I realized I have at least read it at some point because it was underlined in my Bible.  There in black and white it is waiting for me to memorize and lean on in my "day of trouble".  Three powerful statement in one short verse.

He is good.
He is a stronghold.
He knows those that trust Him.

I am not just a number to the Creator of the universe.  I am His and He knows me.

As insignificant as we may feel sometimes, as troublesome as our days my seem, if nothing good seems to every happen...we must remember we have God to be our stronghold.

Today's Verse
"Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his..."  2 Timothy 3:19a


Nahum has inspired me to look for other nuggets of truth in the lesser known books of the Bible...I hope to share what I have found in the future.  But for now, I am so glad to find a verse to remind me that I am known by God!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment