Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Butterflies Part 2

I have been anxious for nap time to get here.  You may or may not believe the story I am about to share, but it was pretty amazing!!!

After finishing yesterday's post (which if you haven't read you must read to fully grasp the meaning of my story) I hopped up to continue some chores.  We have been doing some major rearranging, organizing, and cleaning out closets and the attic this week.  It has been hard but very rewarding to start this task.  I was trying to decide what to do next.  I was going through the list of what I had wanted to accomplish by the end of the day. (which had been going extremely smoothly - YAY!)  I decided to take out a bag of trash...and here is the amazing part.

I stepped out on the back deck and my goodness was it hot.  As I walked to the steps I saw it fluttering towards me.  It was a beautiful monarch butterfly.  It was headed right for me and it didn't stop.  It brushed by my shirt and then my face.  It fluttered all around me.  A lump formed in my throat and tears welled in my eyes.  Thank you God for sending this butterfly my way.  Thank you for this awesome gift!  I couldn't believe it as it was all happening.  It was so surreal.  The butterfly landed on a flower next to our trashcan and just lingered for a while.  I watched the beautiful creature intently, and it flew away a few moments later. I stood watching it till I could no longer see its flutter and it was out of sight.


I needed that touch yesterday!  I hadn't specifically asked for the touch, but my heart had been a little heavy this past weekend and the butterfly sure lifted my spirits.  I talked with God a brief moment after my encounter before I headed back in to work.  I couldn't wait to share my story!!!!


Today's Verse
"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature:  old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."  2 Corinthians 5:17

Just as a butterfly becomes a new creature when it emerges from the cocoon, when we have asked Christ into our lives we have become new as well.  Our sins are forgiven and forgotten.  We are His.  We are changed.  We are new.



Here is the link for a short Youtube video of butterfly world...it is very relaxing to watch.  I hope you enjoy and I hope you have a wonderful 4th of July holiday tomorrow.  Be thankful for our freedoms we have as a country and our freedom to worship God.

 God Bless America!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHvN2EvIH1E&feature=related


No comments:

Post a Comment