Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I Voted

I voted!  Did you?

I am not going to get political today.  That is just not me.  I will say I voted and thankfully it didn't take me very long :-).

I think I heard it said best by a local radio personality on a Christian radio station yesterday...
"Pray.  Vote.   Pray."

Pray about your vote.  Go out and cast your vote.  Then, pray about the outcome and the direction our nation is headed.  It is a right and privilege to go out and vote today.  A privilege many men and women have died for and continue to fight for to this very day.  We are a blessed nation.  I am more than thankful to be able to worship my Lord freely and openly.  I am more than thankful that I have the right to vote for whom I choose to vote for.  I am more than thankful that I am an American.

No matter the outcome today, let's continue to pray for our nation, pray for the President that is voted in office for the next four years, and pray for every elected official.  We may not agree with those in office, but it is our job as Christians not to bad mouth them, but simply pray for them!

May God continue to bless America!

Today's Verse
"LET every soul be subject unto the higher powers (governing authorities).  For there is no power but of God:  the powers that be are ordained (appointed by) God.  Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God:"  Romans 13:1-2a

No comments:

Post a Comment