Wednesday, November 7, 2012

What's Cookin' Wednesday!

So with not much time and a hurt hand, I didn't really do much "cooking" last week.  So no brand new recipes to share :-(.

I did however make a fruit tray for a Friday meeting and I wanted to share a tip about that and my Nanny's delicious fruit dip recipe.  I had to call her and make sure I was getting the right ingredients!  I am so thankful for my Nanny, and I am especially thankful that she is such a great cook.  She and my mama, who is also an awesome cook, taught me everything I know!

Have you ever cut apples for a party only to have them turn brown before the party even started.  Well, for a fun and tasty treat that the kids and adults both love, try shaking your diced apples in jello.  Just wash and dice apples; place in large ziplock bag and add a few tsp of cherry, raspberry, or strawberry jello powder.  Shake it up (my girls love doing this part), and wha-la...you have yummy candy apple treats. They do not turn brown, and the kids will eat their apples for sure.  I pack these in my daughter's lunch box.  Every time I take these to an event, they are wiped out and I get a ton of people asking me how to do it.  My husband's family especially loves this treat, and requests it every Christmas.  There are a few diabetics in his family, so I use sugar-free jello powder and splenda.  Taste just as yummy and very healthy!


For my Nanny's fruit dip...

8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
3 Tbsp milk
7 oz jar marshmallow fluff
8 oz extra creamy cool whip

Beat the cream cheese and milk.  Once combined, add in marshmallow fluff and beat until smooth.  Slowly fold in cool whip with a spatula until well combined.  Refrigerate and enjoy with your favorite fruit.  It is so heavenly.  My girls also like to dip graham cracker sticks in it.  Yummy stuff!


I hope you will try these treats and your family enjoys!





Today's Verse
"For the scripture saith, WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH ON HIM SHALL NOT BE ASHAMED."  
Romans 10:11


No comments:

Post a Comment