Tuesday, December 18, 2012

No Words

No words can express the sorrow, the pain, the tragedy, and the horror of the events that occurred on Friday.  The word of the elementary shooting spread rapidly and tears of the nation were shed for those in Newtown, Ct.  We are praying for the community, those who lost loved ones, and the little ones that had to endure this most horrific acts.   Isaiah 42:16 "And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do to them, and not forsake them."  He is our Peace and the only One we can count in on when this world makes no sense.  He will never forsake us.




This will be my last post until 2013. (That sounds so odd - twenty thirteen!)  I pray you have a wonderful Christmas and a blessed new year.  

Here are my thoughts on the stress that looms in the coming days...

When I want to pull my hair out because of all the cooking that needs to be done...I will be thankful I have food to cook.

When I want to yell at my children to stop bouncing off the walls...I will be thankful for these little miracles that God has entrusted to me.

When I want to give up because I have sooooo many presents to wrap...I will remember how much I love my huge family and every thing each person means to me.

When I want to get frustrated during this busy time of year...I will praise the One we are celebrating and all He has done for us.

Let's keep our eyes and hearts on the Reason for the season!


Today's Verse
 "And let the peace of God rule in your hearts" Col 3:15a.


What's Cookin'...it's almost Wednesday!

I will be making a lot of appetizers for our Christmas Eve gathering.  I have actually already made my cheese ball and it is in the freezer.  I also plan to make my pizza bites, spinach dip and bacon smokies.  Here are the recipes and maybe you can use one.  I hope your family enjoys!

Cheese Ball

8 oz cream cheese
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup chopped pecans

Whisk together first 5 ingredients.  Refrigerate for at least two hours and then form a ball or log and roll in pecans.  Serve with veggies and crackers.

Pizza bites

2 cans 8 count crescent rolls
1/3 cup pizza sauce (plus an additional 1 cup to serve with)
1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
pepperonis
1 Tbsp of Italian seasoning

Press one can of crescents into a 9 in x 12 in rectangle.  Spread with sauce and sprinkle with cheese.  Place desired amount of pepperonis over cheese before topping with remaining can of crescents (which should also be pressed together in a rectangle).  Sprinkle with seasoning.  Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until desired brownness.  Serve with warm pizza sauce.

Spinach dip

8 oz cream cheese
2 cup mozzarella cheese
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
4 Tbsp melted butter
10 oz frozen spinach (defrosted and drained)
14 oz can artichoke hearts (drained)

Whisk together first 4 ingredients before adding spinach and artichokes.  Transfer to a small crock pot and cook on low for 3 hours.  Serve with veggies, pita chips, tortilla chips or crackers.


Bacon Smokies

1 lb bacon (cut into thirds)
14 oz smokies
3/4 cup brown sugar

Wrap each smokie with 1/3 slice of bacon and secure with toothpick.  Place brown sugar in ziplock bag and shake smokies in brown sugar.  Put on large baking sheet and sprinkle with all brown sugar.  Bake at 325 for 35-40 minutes.


Little bites for the Big night!  Merry Christmas!




No comments:

Post a Comment