Thursday, February 7, 2013

Cleaning Day

Thursday is cleaning day in our household.  If our schedule allows, my little one and I drop big sis off at school and head home for some cleaning time.  My cleaning day has changed through my years, but I  always strive to clean once a week.  I don't love to clean (especially dust!!!), but it is a necessity to keep a tidy home and organized environment.  

It is amazing to see that even though it has only been 7 days (usually), there is still a need to clean.  There is dust on the furniture, sticky spots and dried play-dough on the kitchen floor, scraps of paper in the carpet from crafts, and toothpaste splats on the bathroom mirror.  It never fails, the house can get pretty messy in a week's time.

Same goes with my life, but the difference is I can't just "clean" once a week...it must be done daily.  If I don't spend that daily time with God confessing my messes, reading His Word, and praying, then my life becomes a mess.  When I skip a couple of days, life changes, and quite frankly it can get pretty dirty.  My attitude changes, my temper is shorter, and everything seems to go wrong.  I can't just pick my Bible up once a week and expect the other days to run smoothly.  Unlike cleaning day that occurs once a week, I need a quiet time everyday.  

Today's verse
Matthew 6:6 "But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly."

To avoid many of the messes in our lives, we must have that time of prayer daily.  And hey, it doesn't matter if that closet you enter is messy!  Our heavenly Father cares much more about spending time with you than if your house is spic and span!


The girls and I sung this song this morning.  It is really fun to sing, but the truth of it is so important!

Read your Bible
Pray everyday
Pray everyday
Pray everyday
Read your Bible
Pray everyday
And you'll grow, grow, grow

Neglect your Bible
Forget to pray
And you'll shrink, shrink, shrink

No comments:

Post a Comment